Note: Nashoba Valley Olympia will no longer be closing due to inclement weather unless a State of Emergency is declared by the Governor of Massachusetts. No refunds will be given due to inclement weather or State of Emergency (Act of God) closings.
Please print out and sign the COVID waiver and bring it to your first skate.
Public Health Requirements:
**NVO Protocol Updated 5/29/2021**
- Masks: NVO will continue to require everyone to wear a mask in our facility. Skaters and parents who have been fully vaccinated can provide your group/organization with a copy of their Vaccination Card in order to be exempt from this requirement. Children under the age of 12 must wear a mask at all times (until a vaccination is available to them).
- Contact Tracing: The State no longer requires Contact Tracing, but we recommend you continue to keep records of who is in attendance for each day you are renting the ice. You will not need to share this information with NVO, but will need to have a record of this information should the Local Board of Health require it.
- Group/Organization Responsibility: You will be responsible for monitoring and enforcing the the above guidelines for all members of your group. If you have skaters who are not vaccinated, we hope that they will be considerate of all the populations we serve, including children and high-risk populations who are unable to get vaccinated, and wear a mask.
- Spectators, bathrooms, locker rooms and showers will return to full capacity.
- Before you can skate, you must print out and sign the COVID waiver at the beginning of the season.
Open Admin Portal
2021-2022 NEWHL Liability Release Form
In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in the “2021-2022 New England Women’s Hockey League Program” and related events and activities, the undersigned acknowledges, appreciates and agrees that:
- The risk of injury from the activities involved in playing hockey can be significant, including the potential for permanent paralysis and death, and while particular rules, equipment, and personal discipline may reduce the risk, the risk of serious injury does exist: and,
- I KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL SUCH RISKS, both known and unknown, EVEN IF ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES or others, and assume full responsibility for my participation; and,
- I willingly agree to comply with the stated and customary terms and conditions for participation. If, however, I observe any unusual significant hazard during my presence or participation, I will remove myself from participation and bring such to the attention of the nearest official immediately; and,
- I, for myself and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and next of kin, HEREBY RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS, Nashoba Valley Olympia, City of Somerville, Founders Rink, Valley Sports, NEWHL, their officers, officials, agents, and/or employees, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, and if applicable, owners and lessors of premises used to conduct the 2021-2022 programs (“RELEASEES”), WITH RESPECT TO ANY AND ALL INJURY, DISABILITY, DEATH, or loss or damage to person or property, WHETHER ARISING FROM THE NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASEES OR OTHERWISE.
- I, the undersigned, have registered for USA hockey for the 2021-2022 season. I am a member in good standing.
I HAVE READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND ASSUMPTION OF RISK AGREEMENT, FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS TERMS, UNDERSTAND THAT I HAVE GIVEN UP SUBSTANTIAL RIGHTS BY SIGNING IT, AND SIGN IT FREELY AND VOLUNTARILY WITHOUT ANY INDUCEMENT.
Sign Release Form